In the last 15 years, many forest landowners have taken advantage of increasing demand for recreational lands by leasing out recreational rights on their property to individuals or clubs. In addition to extra income, this arrangement offers benefits like increased property security, assistance with land management, and increased quality of the property's wildlife habitat and game populations. The majority of leases are acquired for hunting, but there is also an increasing demand for other uses such as camping, fishing, ATV and horseback riding.
Services of our Lease Management program include:
- Evaluation of the property to determine the most appropriate
recreational uses and best leasing opportunities
- Effective marketing of the property to ensure fair market lease rates
- Providing a single up-front payment for the lease to the landowner
- Providing the landowner with a single contact person at Legacy for all matters
related to leases
- Directly supervising the activities of the leaseholders to ensure satisfactory
compliance with all provisions and terms of the lease
- Providing technical assistance to the leaseholders in areas such as
property security and wildlife management
- Providing liability insurance coverage that covers leaseholders and landowners
If you are a landowner looking to get more out of your property, call Jeff Bewsher, Manager of Wildlife Services, at (386) 438-5896 for a free no-obligation evaluation of your property.
LOOKING FOR A PROPERTY TO LEASE?
Click here to view a current list of available tracts
Don't see what you're looking for? Fill out this form and we will let you know if we have any properties available that will suit your needs.
LOOKING TO JOIN A CLUB?
Click here for a list of current Legacy clubs seeking members.
NEED MEMBERS? HAVE YOU LOOKED ON THE INTERNET?
If you are a Legacy Club and want to post a membership ad on our website fill out this form.